Terms & Conditions for Allotment of Space
SPIC IT Incubation Centre
1. Incubation Definition
To foster entrepreneurial activities in IT related areas and to provide a platform to the start- ups and prospective entrepreneurs to convert their innovative ideas into commercially viable products to enhance software exports from Chandigarh.
2. Eligibility Criteria
- The entity should be a Proprietorship firm/company registered/joint venture under the Companies Act of 1956, or Indian Partnership Act, 1932.
- The Company/Applicant with the existing export business in Software product Development, Web development, Database Management & mobile application development excluding call centre for back office, sales & Marketing, Business Process Outsourcing(BPO), Knowledge Process Outsourcing(KPO) and training shall be eligible to apply for space.
- The company/Applicant should be a start-up which should be in operation for not more than 1 year. Age of the organization will be determined from the date of its registration with the relevant Government Authority under the relevant Act.
- Applicants should be minimum 18 years of age on the date of the advertisement.
- The Company/Applicant should not have been blacklisted by any Government organizations/agencies.
- Applicants have to submit online application at www.spicindia.com
Click here for incubation space
4. SPAN OF INCUBATION
The space at SPIC IT Incubation Centre will be allocated on leave and license basis initially for a period of 11 months. The allocation would be extendible thrice so that the maximum total period of license for any licensee shall under no circumstances be extended beyond additional 48 months. The term will be extended on yearly basis. The company/applicant to whom space is allocated shall need to enter into a leave and license agreement.
5. SELECTION PROCESS
The selection of licensee shall be done by a Committee based on a two stage process. Applicants are required to submit the proposals through online application form at wwww.spicindia.com.
Stage1: The prospective companies / applicants would be evaluated by the Selection Committee in terms of their eligibility as specified in the Eligibility Criteria (Section 2) and on the basis of that will shortlist the eligible prospective companies/ applicants.
Stage2: The Selection committee will invite shortlisted prospective companies/ applicants for a brief presentation in fro nt of them on their submitted proposal. On the basis of their presentation the selection Committee would send their recommendations to competent authority for the allocation of space(s) to prospective companies/applicants.
6. PAYMENT TERMS
The applicant shall have to pay the lease Rs.28/- square feet on monthly basis and additional facility management charges at the beginning of each month.
7. INCUBATION FACILITIES
In addition to the space at SPIC IT Incubation Centre the following facilities will also be provided to the licensee for operations :
- Housekeeping etc.
- Electricity & water
- GENSET for 24 x 7 power supply
Besides the lease fee, the licensee shall be charged for above listed facilities.
Note: The eligibility criteria above has been prescribed based on the various models across the country keeping in mind the objective to support start-ups & promotion of Software Exports.