Who we are and
what we do
The Society for Promotion of IT in Chandigarh (SPIC) has been set up under the aegis of the Department of Information Technology, Chandigarh Administration for implementing the various plans of the Administration to promote the IT industry in Chandigarh. The Chairperson of the Society is the Adviser to the Administrator.
- To promote application of Information Technology in the Union Territory of Chandigarh in accordance with the IT Policy of Chandigarh Administration.
- To carry out all such activities that are commensurate with the IT vision of the Chandigarh Administration as outlined in IT Policy.
- To facilitate the establishment and functioning of data processing computer centres.
- To provide consultancy services and impart training in various disciplines of Information Technology.
- To facilitate the development of software packages as well as related items and undertake turn key project / assignments in India and abroad in Information Technology by public and private sector companies in the Union Territory of Chandigarh in order to promote the application of Information Technology for the benefit of citizens of Chandigarh.